Coronavirus India lockdown Day 196 live updates | Govt to map out cold chain storage facilities for COVID-19 vaccine delivery

India’s coronavirus fight is people driven and gets great strength from its COVID warriors, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Thursday as he urged people to follow COVID-19 appropriate behaviour. He made the appeal to people to follow social distancing norms and expressed confidence that the fight against the pandemic …

Read moreCoronavirus India lockdown Day 196 live updates | Govt to map out cold chain storage facilities for COVID-19 vaccine delivery

World Coronavirus Dispatch: WTO sees merchandise trade falling 9.2% in 2020

. Two custodians of the global economy signalled that while the early days of pandemic recovery were stronger than expected in some countries and industries, a return to full health is likely to be longer and bumpier than they first predicted. . The World Trade Organization …

Read moreWorld Coronavirus Dispatch: WTO sees merchandise trade falling 9.2% in 2020

Mike Pompeo slams China for pandemic, Indo-Pacific tensions at Quad meeting

Directly criticising China for the coronavirus crisis as well as for its actions in the Indo-Pacific region, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called for the Quadrilateral dialogue, or “Quad”, to “collaborate” in countering China. At a meeting in Tokyo of the four-nation grouping, Australian Foreign Minister Marise Payne, Foreign …

Read moreMike Pompeo slams China for pandemic, Indo-Pacific tensions at Quad meeting

Coronavirus | Vaccine supplies likely from early 2021: Health Secretary

Plan is to digitally track procurement, storage, distribution and administration on real-time basis The Union Health Ministry said on Tuesday that it was expecting COVID-19 vaccine supplies to be available from early next year. Addressing a press conference, Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan said: “If all goes well, we are …

Read moreCoronavirus | Vaccine supplies likely from early 2021: Health Secretary

A 75% spike: How Covid spread faster among Delhi prison staff than inmates

In the national capital’s three prison complexes–Tihar, Mandoli and Rohini–175 of 240 confirmed COVID-19 cases (72.9%) by August 30 were among jail staff and the rest (65 or 27.1%) were among inmates. Cases among inmates increased by 22.6% while those among staff increased by 108.3% in 58 …

Read moreA 75% spike: How Covid spread faster among Delhi prison staff than inmates

Covid patients’ claims denied as insurers, hospitals battle over bills

Peter Prem and his wife were admitted to St John’s Hospital in Bengaluru in August 2020 after they tested positive for COVID-19. They both had mild symptoms and were discharged in six days. But Prem’s discharge report showed an unexpected diagnosis–it said that he had chronic kidney …

Read moreCovid patients’ claims denied as insurers, hospitals battle over bills

Covid-19 peak is coming in Mumbai’s highrise societies: Shivkumar Utture

The number of cases in Mumbai is rising, but within that, the number of cases in highrises and building societies is rising much more than in slums or high-density population pockets. Of nearly 11,000 containment zones in Mumbai as of September 27, only 676 were in slums–this …

Read moreCovid-19 peak is coming in Mumbai’s highrise societies: Shivkumar Utture

New study of coronavirus cases in India offers some surprises to scientists

With 1.3 billion people jostling for space, India has always been a hospitable environment for infectious diseases of every kind. And the coronavirus has proved to be no exception: The country now has more than six million cases, second only to the United States. An …

Read moreNew study of coronavirus cases in India offers some surprises to scientists

World Coronavirus Dispatch: 80% corp execs in study have poor mental health

The Covid-19 crisis has forced a vast majority of people, including top executives, to work remotely as governments imposed sweeping measures to curb the spread of the pandemic, putting a strain on physical and mental well-being. A new survey shows, nearly eight out of 10 corporate executives …

Read moreWorld Coronavirus Dispatch: 80% corp execs in study have poor mental health